IGNORED

midi hubz + 707's

Chris Moss Acid

Guest dugbert
Anyone ever tried using a midi-merger like this to combine SysEx commands from one machine and normal MIDI note commands from another machine?

like merge these:

in1: note output from my computer's sequencer program

in2: sysex commands coming from novation remote controller

and out to my Juno-106 (whose knobs/parameters can only be controlled via SysEx)

why dont you try the computer as the merge box?

multiple ins monitored and mixed thru software to the computers multiple outs.... anything goes anywhere all the time

what kind of midi interface do you have? what software do you have? cubase and ableton live can do this for you

you might be able to merge midi now without having to spend any cash :rolleyes:

i often use cubase to take incoming midi from multiple controllers and send to the a-station

notes from usb keyboard, midi controller info from control freak and midi info from the synths

own front panel passed thru cubase ...(i can record/edit the front panel tweaks)

all of my MIDI is processed through apps i've written in Synthmaker, unfortunately it doesn't support SysEx yet (although it's been a long time since i've checked if they added it yet). I think I may pick up the merger pretty soon if it doesn't cost too much. I also really need to order two of those midi controllers for my NES's...

Archived