IGNORED

live sampling/looping

Guest test pattern

Guest test pattern

any of you guys do this...i've been trying in reaktor 4 as well as ableton 5 and am having weird latency issues...i really dont wont to use hardware....so just wondering if youse guys had any solutions...

Guest analogue wings

If you're not using hardware, what are you sampling and looping?

Not what you want to hear, but dedicated hardware is probably the answer.

My mate gigs with one of these and it works sweet:

RC20-large.JPG

any of you guys do this...i've been trying in reaktor 4 as well as ableton 5 and am having weird latency issues...i really dont wont to use hardware....so just wondering if youse guys had any solutions...

Im sure it can be done in Reaktor, well too. Its gotta be worth your while geting the upgrade to version 5. There are a few different instruments and modules geared towards live sampling and that sorta thing. There are a few modules by Exile which are for messing about with live inputs.

I guess it depends on your soundcard too. Ive been doing a lot of live sampling n mashing recently, have to have my soundcards latency set to the absolute minimum which puts a bit of a strain on my PC, but otherwise the loop points just dont work properly.

It does also depend on how much your trying to sample, and in what way your trying to do it. Im sure Reaktor has a maximum buffer size for this kinda thing, its proberly gonna freak out if your trying to record anything over 20 seconds or so.

Interesting thread. I was thinking about doing some live loop sampling for future shows. Am currently using Ableton but haven't yet seen how one would do it using the prog. I was thinking about using Ableton and Reactor together via Rewire or something.

Guest test pattern

the rc20 doesnt have midi so its out of the picture...n its big brother rc50 is way too much money...i got a good soundcard (firepod) so i think it comes down to more ram and reaktor 5....

Archived