IGNORED

Kontakt

Atari Tech

I currently have intakt, and am considering getting the crossgrade to kontakt, as intakt has been discontinued. i make ambient, and currently have Reason, FL studio, an Alesis Micron, Intakt, CS80V, and FM-7 (upgrading this to FM8). two questions, is kontakt any good for ambient or would i be better off getting another synth (like the arturia arp2600) and my current laptop is an AMD2800+ with 512 megs of Ram (although i plan on upgrading this year) is that too slow or to little ram for kontakt?

since you're asking whether to get this sampler or another synth i would chime in with my 2 cents and point out a sampler can do what a synth does essentially (by using a synth tone as the source sample) but a synth cannot do what a sampler does (namely play actual real life sounds).

so yes you can play atmospheric samples and warp them the same way you would with a synth, but you could also say, program real drum sounds, or any sound you like under the sun.

as far as softsamplers, kontakt is the best. so yes. get it.

Archived