IGNORED

sid station

Guest pantsonmyhead

Guest skytree

go to your oscillator screen.

select "GoEdit".

it will bring you to the oscillator editor screen.

the first oscillator editor submenu should be "wave".

hit "enter".

the first parameter in that editor should be "wave", which will be assigned to "saw", "tri" or something similar.

here, you should be able to choose from triangle, saw, pulse, mix, and noise ("nois" in the menu).

Guest pantsonmyhead

i hacve gotten the noise oscliators to work yes

now i have a new problem,

even if i turn all the osc ilators off it makes this weird background noise that i can only attribute to the sync osc

anyone else had this prob?

are you working with elektron sidstation, midibox sid, or some other sid synth?

generally SIDs (the chips themselves) have this nasty osc bleedthrough problem, even when VCAs are turned down you can still hear oscillators. some synths may have this worked around by stopping the inactive oscillators with a wavetable command (you can kinda do this on a midibox sid)

apart from this oscillator bleed problem - the SID is by no means a silent chip with a s/n ratio up to today's proffesional standards. the chip was desinged in a hurry, for a low-cost home computer, intended to output audio to a tv set :D

check out this interview with SID's creator:

http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426444/yannes.html

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

even if i turn all the osc ilators off it makes this weird background noise that i can only attribute to the sync osc

put a noise gate on it

Guest skytree

put a noise gate on it

seconded...that should solve your problem, unless you're recording some really dynamic, soft pads or something similar. for leads, etc, gating should do the trick.

Guest skytree
the gate is a good quick fix but all my sweeping enveloping patches sound fuct :(
have you tried playing around with the threshold? setting it really low should eliminate the noise, but not fuck up your envelope too much.

Guest pantsonmyhead

i know your not rying to sound like a dick so i'm just going to say yes, i do know how to properly use a gate

the noise is too loud and is apparent within the usable signal

Archived