IGNORED

Wrong Answer - Dr Squishy

Guest Betty

Start attaching your songs to your post. Most people can't be arsed to download a song from one of those putfile-sites.

It was an alright song. It might be just me, but it didn't seem to be going anywhere. It was just sounds, shapes and melodies with no real beginning or end. That's not necesairily a bad thing, but nothing acted as a "lead" sound IMO.

Cheers!

Guest Wrong Answer

O.K. let's see if this works as a direct attachment (yes, I'm a newbie):

Dr Squishy.mp3

Thanks for your feedback TEXX. You're right about there being no lead sound, it contains a pretty random conglomeration of samples. I think it does have a decent beginning and middle but the end lacks a climactic development of some kind.

Guest tht! tne

i thought it was really good and original

i just missed bass i think since its a very

visually evocative track you couldve used

a sinuous hyperactive kind of bass to tie

it together, something like the flashbulb.

Guest Wrong Answer

It started of with a bassline but some of those FM synthesis samples I used were down in the bass frequency area and the two were mushing together so I opted to take the actual bassline away and have the infrequent FM stabs carry the load. Maybe if I mixed them more bassy it would work but I never actually equalized anything, I usually run out of steam before that part (it's something I need to work on).

Glad you liked it, I'll post more stuff soon.

Archived