IGNORED

modifying a cassette player

Guest Alban Arthuan

Guest Coalbucket PI

lol I've got a tape unwound and im playing with it and my cat is attacking the tape and ripping it up, this is electronic music

Guest skytree
lol I've got a tape unwound and im playing with it and my cat is attacking the tape and ripping it up, this is electronic music
We call this "the cat remix" in the biz.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I tried to get a photo but you know what cats are like. Anyway I got a tape playing backwards in the end but i couldnt explain how I did it... well I think what I did was unclip the tape from one reel and put it back the other way (the tape is actually fixed to the reel in a really simple way) and the rewind it and do the same to the other reel. One side is The Archers backwards with lots of reversed Moos and Baas, and the other is Coldplay's last album backwards which sounds like Sigur Ros sped up.

Guest skytree
I tried to get a photo but you know what cats are like. Anyway I got a tape playing backwards in the end but i couldnt explain how I did it... well I think what I did was unclip the tape from one reel and put it back the other way (the tape is actually fixed to the reel in a really simple way) and the rewind it and do the same to the other reel. One side is The Archers backwards with lots of reversed Moos and Baas, and the other is Coldplay's last album backwards which sounds like Sigur Ros sped up.
Ah....the benefit of this method is that you've also switched the L and R channels in the process. Dual fuckery!

hmm all the auto-reverse cassete decks i've seen don't use dual heads (one for each side) but instead flips (twists for 180deg) the head. so that wouldn't work either.

i'm fairly sure my method would work and if nobody else is going to test it out, i'm gonna do it myself.

Archived