IGNORED

RMS level meter vst?

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

I need an RMS level meter like the one in sound forge (right click on the standard level meter and choose RMS)

is there a similar vst that can do this?

thanks

Guest tv_party
i was recommended RMS buddy in this same subforum a while back

rmsbuddy.gif

i still use it

http://destroyfx.smartelectronix.com/extras/

Ahh destroyfx. I like the geometer a lot, but it only works properly for me about 50% of the time and introduces an unfortunate bit of delay. Still some fuckin cool sounds to be had outta that bit o' fx.

Anyway, thx on the rms meter.

Guest Promo

Can someone explain the concept of this? Basically I have a track that I'm going to use for a set but it seems to go into Distortion when I add gain or double the volume. Will this rms business help me?

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

rms is a way of measuring the perceived loudness of a track. rather than using a peak meter which just gives the peak volume, an rms meter gives an average level (root mean squared).

it can be helpful for monitoring the density of audio.

a level of -14db to -10db is pretty standard for pop music, although the trend has been getting higher, with lots of tracks, especially those meant for radio being mastered to -9db to -6db

this plugin doesn't alter the audio, it's just another kind of meter

is your track distorting digitally?

Guest Promo
rms is a way of measuring the perceived loudness of a track. rather than using a peak meter which just gives the peak volume, an rms meter gives an average level (root mean squared).

it can be helpful for monitoring the density of audio.

a level of -14db to -10db is pretty standard for pop music, although the trend has been getting higher, with lots of tracks, especially those meant for radio being mastered to -9db to -6db

this plugin doesn't alter the audio, it's just another kind of meter

is your track distorting digitally?

Interesting.

The original is a 192 mp3 so I would guess that means its distorting digitally. It distorts at the part of the track where there is a white noise rush and I guess its because the bassline is quite heavy too.

Guest Adjective
The original is a 192 mp3 so I would guess that means its distorting digitally. It distorts at the part of the track where there is a white noise rush and I guess its because the bassline is quite heavy too.

white noise + bass + mp3 codec is probably not the best combo

is this a modern type song, the mp3? it's probably got a billion peaks that hit 0 db already, so... if you're boosting the gain on it through the master out or something then you're probably clipping.

if that's the case use some sort of loudness maximizer plug-in, or use a limiter before boosting.

Guest Promo

is this a modern type song, the mp3? it's probably got a billion peaks that hit 0 db already, so... if you're boosting the gain on it through the master out or something then you're probably clipping.

if that's the case use some sort of loudness maximizer plug-in, or use a limiter before boosting.

Excellent. Do you have any freebie suggestions for these plugins? Cheers.

Guest Adjective

Excellent. Do you have any freebie suggestions for these plugins? Cheers.

http://www.yohng.com/w1limit.html

this is supposed to be a clone of Waves L1 limiter

pretty simple gui

whatever you adjust the threshold to, it will chop off peaks by that amount and then boost the signal that much.

it's like, clipping intelligently? so that it's more transparent

adjust the release until it sounds more natural

just copy the "free dll" link to your VST directory

Archived