IGNORED

who of you smelly crusties are going to Glade

Guest Jimbob

Guest Coalbucket PI

just read that on bangface site... its mental that the biggest complaint was still the sound levels which was unrelated to the flooding. i'm gonna email glade to encourage them to get a function 1 in overkill, or even to use the vapour tent for overkill next year to make up for this year... all y'all should complain too!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hardcrew3.jpg

ACCEPT MY TRUNCHEON WITHOUT QUESTION, YOU LAWLESS HIPPIES!

I'm so glad I went in those shades, shit not in the eye is always preferable to shit in the eye in my book.

Good read, cheers for that. I'm not surprised Ned cried, I almost did when I went to Overkill on the Friday and there was a river through it - and I didn't even have to organise the damn thing! :laughing:

I hope they get Mode 48, Michael Forshaw and Mike Dred back next year - I was so gutted I missed all of them.

i'm gonna email glade to encourage them to get a function 1 in overkill, or even to use the vapour tent for overkill next year to make up for this year... all y'all should complain too!

Good call! Or they should just make Overkill bigger if possible - they did it before when it changed from Littlebig (which was far too small) so why not do it again?!

i'm gonna email glade to encourage them to get a function 1 in overkill, or even to use the vapour tent for overkill next year to make up for this year... all y'all should complain too!

Good call! Or they should just make Overkill bigger if possible - they did it before when it changed from Littlebig (which was far too small) so why not do it again?!

It appears there was a bigger tent planned - this was posted by Sperge on GladTalk:

As promised, I asked the following question:

A question that keeps coming up is the lack of Funktion 1 rigs at the

Overkill tent despite it being stated on the official Glade website that

both Overkill and Sancho Panza would have them.

As I understand it, an Opus rig was used in Overkill, which I'm told is

fine in terms of sound quality but obviously doesn't have the

noise-cancelling properties of the F1 Ambisonics.

It seems a number of people are complaining that levels were

often quiet in the Overkill and they think the lack of F1 may be behind

this.

Is it a case of the floods meaning that F1 rigs could not be used or was

there some other technical reason why conventional rigs had to be

used instead?

The reply I have just received is:

Good question.

The story is that the tent we had planned for Overkill was on the back of

an artic lorry that jackknifed coming out of another wet gig - no one was

hurt, but the lorry and the tent were a write off.

The replacement tent was smaller and as a result there was not room in

the tent for the 4 additional stacks required for the soundfield.

Next year the tent will be bigger and will have a soundfield same as the

breaks tent.

Guest Coalbucket PI

^^ thats interesting. i hope its true because I really felt like I'd been told a barefaced lie when I finally got inside overkill and found a normal speaker rig.

I've probably said this already in this thread, but one thing I'd still like answered is why vapour was left open but vacant while next door overkill was closed for about six hours with the flooding... vapour music schedule didn't even start until 10pm I think... doesnt take a genius does it? Also distributing a little info to the stewards/info desk would have helped because they didn't know fuck all about anything. I'll wait until they update the site and then email them about all this.

Guest blutac

vapour could only open when the main stage finished or the beats would have clashed too badly.

by the way just saw Squarepusher at Corsica studios, played a 3 hour set of pretty much all his work and a good dj set. dunno if anyone recorded but in 6 times of seeing him, this was by far the most filthy

Archived