IGNORED

Radio Mixes Update

Guest geographyhorse

Guest geographyhorse

Okay, the radio mixes a1- a4 have been mixed into one 14 min 50 long presentation called Side A that is formatted sound sort of like it was actually broadcasted and tuned into on the fly. I also posted a new mix called b1 which will most likely end up on Side B in the future. I am happy with how these are going at the moment. After I am finished with this project, I plan to put the completed mixes onto 30 minute cassettes and just mail them out at random with no return address. I think I may even attempt to piss off some of the radio stations I sampled and mail them copies.

Oh, sorry for the poor sound quality. Myspace would only let me upload the mix if it was 6 mb or less, so its 56k YUK!!!! The mixes are meant to be sorta lo-fi, but I prefer to be in control of the imperfections and I also prefer analog sound degregation over the digital mayhem that the low quality mp3 is inflicting on the mix......

http://www.myspace.com/cditnormalbias

Peace.

:angel:

post-98-1176747371_thumb.jpg

Guest geographyhorse
yeah i still really like this... it's just a fun sort of interesting sound. i like the idea of having loads of audio debris flying around then coalescing into an actual 'song' every now and then.

like i said in your other thread, i've been collecting stuff like this for a while and it would interesting to try and make a little kind of 'record' out of all this stuff i've got over the years. i'd probably be doing it in a completely different way.

have you heard the tod dockstader aerial series? it's ambient music made with shortwave radio sounds.... he collected about 90 hours of interesting sonic phenomena and then layered them into this 3CD set. it's really great stuff - and he's been doing musique concrete stuff since the early 60s.

i would definitely like to hear the finished product though!

Thanx man!!! Tod Dockstader eh?? Thanx for the tip, sounds really cool. Yeah man, I'd liked to hear what you plan to do with the radio stuff!!! There's so much you can actually do with sound....

Archived