IGNORED

Greasy8

Its got elements in it i enjoy, the bassline for instance, but overall i thought it was abit too euro trancey acid early 90s to really get me moving, the subtle understated chords you bring in too late on in the track (the last minute) they really took the vibe somewhere else, dont know about the beats on this one, the delay was a nice opening touch but it goes on too much and outstays its welcome , just the way the acid bass kicks in sounds abit old hat, abit like hardfloor programming, very static and trancey (the word again) when i hear it i can envision drugged up ibiza holiday makers dancing circles around pete tongs dj booth, funk the shit up and avoid this

it would benefit from ditching the hi hat or atleast toning it down on the obvious half beat, it sounds alot more potent with just the kick and the clap or what your doing at 6.14, that hi end percusion sounds better than the trancathon thing that dominates the mix elsewhere

yeah good points..

i was going for a 10+ minute track..

as for the hats.. if you listen to bradley's beat two version1 for some reason i like them hats. i kinda wanted to use that, repetativeness and "cheesy" 909 drum in this context..but i do like the sequence of hats your talking about..

obviously (8 out of a 10 track effort) its one of the last tracks on the EP so i just wanted a mong out type track.. and i agree the synth is going out the mix tomorrow... i only wanted to underlay something so the mix wasnt too dry..

but the length is my own choice, i agree it might drag on too much, but i couldnt exactly put it any shorter then it is, because i wouldnt want it that way :P

i'll have a play around with the mix tomorrow.. usually i have aboiut 5 mixes of eatch 'greasy' track but i didnt bother to do it on this one..

Archived