IGNORED

The Chimney Sweeper

Guest Dactyl

Guest Dactyl

This was the first thing I ever recorded. I made it for a highschool poetry project on William Blake when I was seventeen. I had absolutley no experience with recording/production at the time. I still have no idea how I got through it. Each layer was recorded separately on a minidisc recorder : the keyboard, guitar, piano, child's voice. I had to record each track on my friend's apple computer so i could use soundsculptor. After each track was transported onto disk, I used soundsculptor -- I had to edit to the max by trial and error to get the timing right. Yeah, so I guess I'm a liar.... I guess I do remember how I got through it, but I also remember that it was hell - mainly because I pretty much had to teach this kid how to read too! Without the soundsculptor production, this is the most raw recording ever; and now I am kicking myself in the face for losing my minidisc b/c I could make some great remixes with this material, especially with the child's voice.

Anyway, the album is entitled "The Chimney Sweeper," the lyrics are taken from William Blake's "Songs of Innocence and Experience." Enjoy!

The Chimney Sweeper (songs of innocence) :

Sorry, I only have room to upload one of the tracks (or is there a way to get more upload space?), but here is a link to the album: http://www.soundclick.com/thechimneysweeper

Archived