IGNORED

world as difference and repetition

Guest Difference and Repetition

Alright, let's try this again..........in the proper forum this time.

Here are a few tracks from my album "world as difference and repetition."

Any sort of feedback, comments, critiques are welcome and will be greatly appreciated.

Les elephants 02_les_elephants.mp3..........noise vs. melody

A sunday drive 04_a_sunday_drive.mp3......this one kinda reminds me of inspector gadget for some reason

Ragnvald 07_ragnvald.mp3........some pretty crazy piano sequencing at the end

I am currently working on setting up a soundclick site. the url is http://www.soundclick.com/differenceandrepetition. the entire album will be posted there for your pleasure. i will save a couple other tracks for a later post. just wanna see if these get some recognition first.

Guest tht! tne

a sunday drive: the melody seems to lead the drums along

ragnvald: i like this one a lot sounds wispy; would like more of the crazy piano sequencing maybe a whole track of it

ragnvald: i like this one a lot sounds wispy; would like more of the crazy piano sequencing maybe a whole track of it

thanks a lot! yeah, ragnvald is probably my favorite track on the album ; )

Guest ccfeln

les elephants:

start did not work for me, the noise at :40 is

annoying.

liked it better from 1:10 theres good base atmosphere

with that pad and the static. the synth at 1:50 i dont

like, but thats my taste for textures. the pad again

at 2:38 is good.

overall this track did not work for me, but theres

good potential for atmosphere

ragnvald:

this track worked, i looped it several times on winamp.

i really like the synth melodies (the synth that first shows up at :52, in fact :52 is cool with the anticipation (should be repeated))

the beats are good throughout, subtle but match well.

piano is ok, good work, but the highlight is definitely the synth

melody.

Guest Adjective

ragnvald stands out

i think that track should be either condensed or fleshed out more in the first half with more instruments or variations on the melody.

although there a lot of nice elements in the first 1:45, it mostly feels like waiting and a little empty.

considering the that the instruments drop out and solo later on in the song as well, there's really no need for that in the beginning as well (or vice versa). and well, the beat drops out too often, rather big element to tease and take away frequently.

i hope that didn't feel too harsh, i wanted to say those things because i think this a good track and could be a great track with some more variations and extending the melodies a couple bars longer.

good sound over all, i did listen to all, but wanted to focus on the one i felt was best

Archived