IGNORED

Fruity formula controller

Guest meneedit

Guest meneedit

Hi guys,

i've always noticed the formula controller in fruity loops and recently I wanted to actually use it for the first time.

Now, i'm no good at programming or using code and I realise that the formula controller isn't that complicated but I still cant work out how to use it.

All I need to know is how to get it to generate a random value and then set the speed of how often it generates each new value. (in steps).

This is so that I can link some EQ bands to the random values to create some really good humanization in drums.

Can somebody please explain to me how to use the rand syntax and set the speed of how often it occurs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :smiling:

a+(SeededRand(Round(SongTime*10*c))-0.5)*b

knob c contros speed, change the 10* to something higher if you want more speed, lower for less.

here's another..

a+(SeededRand(Round(SongTime*100*c))-0.5)*b*0.1

more speed, less variance

and if you don't want it to sound the same each time you play the song, use Time instead of SongTime

a+(SeededRand(Round(Time*100*c))-0.5)*b*0.1

Guest meneedit
a+(SeededRand(Round(SongTime*10*c))-0.5)*b

knob c contros speed, change the 10* to something higher if you want more speed, lower for less.

here's another..

a+(SeededRand(Round(SongTime*100*c))-0.5)*b*0.1

more speed, less variance

and if you don't want it to sound the same each time you play the song, use Time instead of SongTime

a+(SeededRand(Round(Time*100*c))-0.5)*b*0.1

wow!!!

thanks for that chaosmachine :smiling: :smiling: :smiling:

it was more complicated than I thought. There was no way I would have figured that out by messing around with it.

thanks again.

do you find that it is handy for humanization?

Archived