IGNORED

Budget Mixer recommendations

Guest The Bro

Guest welcome to the machine
Anyone own any Tapco stuff? I've seen them alot lately here or there but don't know anything about them.

tapcos pretty bottom of the line honestly, farther down than behringer

nah thats incorrect man. mackie makes tapco, they are cheap parts but the build is ok, and they dont sound BAD for the price. Behringer makes the absolute worse sounding mixer I have heard, I was amazed when I started A-B ing my soundcard direct to a behringer mixer first (before speakers). but if you are just using it for a front end they might be ok, I would just never put a sound that would end up on my mix through it.

the usb on the behringer stuff is so that you can use it without a soundcard, ie the soundcard is in the mixer. at this price for all that, you can be sure the componants arne't up to much. if you must buy one of these mixers then dont use this function unless you have to! the ad converters sound glassy and harsh.

hope that helps

So bought the Soundcraft Compact 4 Mini Desktop Mixer £59.00 today. Quite pleased with my purchase. Haven't opened it up yet though.

SCRA-COMPACT4_L.jpg

Archived