IGNORED

e-mu esi 32-should i get it?

Guest eatanter

Guest eatanter

wanna buy me a sampler, and they're having this e-mu esi 32 at a shop around the corner, used, for 100€s. anyone here ever used this thing? can anyone tell me about drawbacks and what makes this machine good, and what makes it bad? and if the price is appropriate?

would be my first hardware-sampler, but i'm not shy of spending a night with a manual, i like things to have a lot of features, but they still should be available quickly, not by endlessly navigating through menus. i don't really know what to think, as i mostly just like using and toying around with equipment the way it was designed, but i don't want it to cause too much headache, either.

any experienced advice? or maybe you could recommend me with something else in the same price range? thanks a lot.

Guest masterdome

If you only want it because of the price etc.. then might as well get it. How much memory does it have, and does it have the turbo upgrade? What kind of disk/cd drive does it have. I myself still use an ESI 2000 w/ the 4000 sftwr and turbo-upgrade. it does its part and has nice sounding filters but the keyboard layout and sample editing is in the darkages compared to the Akai 3000 etc... muzig supposedly wrote 'In Pine Effect' w a ESI 32.

Archived