IGNORED

Best way to sequence beats on ableton

Guest jamesy boy!

Guest Salient

How many of you ableton users actually use impulse or whatever the drum machine in live is? When I use Reason to slice and sequence beats, First I would use ReCycle to slice the loop, then load the rx2 patch up into the NN-XT sampler and sequence on that, worked well, but now I really have to move onto live and want to know the best way to cut and sequence beats on ableton.

It all depends really... for the finely programmed beats I just go with Impulse because it's got a lot of control over each individual hit, which I really like... but sometimes when it's breakbeat music especially, I just chop the waveform up with ctrl-E on the arrangement view, and rearrange it that way. When I absolutely, positively have to use an RX2 - I don't have the break as a wav, or it has more than 8 hits (I wish they'd sort this out for Impulse), I use Intakt to sequence it, but I'm not so into that because you can't set the name of each slice.

Archived