Guest brokephones

Guest brokephones

I am trying to automate Battery via Digital Performer but

have been having little luck. The main problem is that the

manual I have for Battery has no mention of how to set up

automation on an individual cell level. I want to do

something basic such as assign a midi controller knob to the

panning of a specific cell.

Can someone please explain how to set up automation on the cellular level either when used as a slave to another app or just in standalone mode?

I am trying to automate Battery via Digital Performer but

have been having little luck. The main problem is that the

manual I have for Battery has no mention of how to set up

automation on an individual cell level. I want to do

something basic such as assign a midi controller knob to the

panning of a specific cell.

Can someone please explain how to set up automation on the cellular level either when used as a slave to another app or just in standalone mode?

easy peasy, mate!

when you're editing the cell properties, go to the "modulation" tab. under modulation sources are options for "controller a", "controller b", "controller c", etc. choose one of those as your modulation source, then choose the destination on the other side (panning, in your example.)

then go to file -> preferences (on the battery window, not the actual file menu). here, you can assign MIDI controller values to the various controllers. so find out the CC message coming from the knob you want to use, assign that CC# to "controller a", and start tweaking.

there's a LOT of cool stuff you can do with the mod matrix. i can give you some pretty wizard tips on ways to make glitchy electronic music happiness. but i'm too tired right now.

love,

c

Guest nannystatenoise

Just right click on any parameter you wish to automate. then click the ID or CC # you want to assign it to. then click "set" and then click "close". you can use host automation or MIDI cc automation. For host automation you just have to draw in the automation lines/curves in the host. Hope this helps.

Archived