IGNORED

University Acid Squad - Who Is Tony Wilson? EP

Guest Laughable Butane Bob

whoistonywilsonep-front.jpg

Side A

Side B

Tell me what you think of the recording, it's a new tape setup. DBX161 comp on the x0xb0x is magic =)

Guest six hundred n

some good bits in there, would probably work better edited down to best 5-6 minutes, maybe add some fx or something to break it up a bit

good one

some good bits in there, would probably work better edited down to best 5-6 minutes, maybe add some fx or something to break it up a bit

good one

^

you added distortion to the x0xb0x right?

The output is overdriven in the x0x, and then compressed with a vintage DBX161 single channel. I had just gotten to borrow it earlier that day from a friend's father.

UAS is my friend on a Korg ESX-1 groovebox/sampler, and me on the x0xb0x sequenced in Reaktor 5. We jam (ugh, I hate that word) on the same midi clock for a few hours then at midnight we start running tape. This was one continuous side of a 60min cassette. We usually run lots of tape and splice out 3-5min sections that worked out really well and call those songs, but we felt that this entire recording was worthy of being it's own "release".

Thanks for listening =D =D

If you guys have any ideas on what you think what segment of this would make a good single I'm all ears. =D

The whole goal of UAS is to play live shows, to play as loudly as possible, to make as many people dance as possible. It has been working out, I have literally seen someone screaming at a show when I keep off the resonance on the x0x for a good 15 minutes then bring it back in. Nobody does acid music in Memphis, TN, so it's fun.

Archived