IGNORED

total newbie.

Guest daiz

Downloaded soundforge. After much wailing and knashing of teeth I've got my guitar coming through now and will be able to record thru soundforge however there is a delay before you hear a note. Not delay like bum.. dee.. dee.. dee... dee. Delay like period of time elapsing between striking the string and the sound coming thru on the computer. I'm using a standard guitar lead.

Anybody know how tom resolve this.

yes. it's called latency. an effect caused by the way a soundcard works...by buffering data in small packets before routing it on...the larger the buffer size, the longer the period of delay between the 'real' sound outside the soundcard and the digital audio being monitored. there is no way around it if you are using your bog standard inbuilt pc soundcard. you need to upgrade and spend some doe on a good professional (or semi) audio card. one that features zero-latency monitoring is best but anything decent with ASIO drivers is all you need (you will be currently running on MME/DirectX drivers - both not ideal for audio production).

M-Audio Audiphile 2496 PCI card is all you need. Can do you for about £50 (were £179 only 18mth-2 years ago). Just the ticket for you. Has stereo pair (rca phono) in and out plus spdif (digital) in/out and MIDI in/out. Should do what you need it to do and eliminate or at least drastically reduce latency problems in SF/FL Studio or whatever you decide to use.

hope helps/

Thanks for the offer and the info. but I shall have to decline, my cash flow is a joke right now, but Imight check back with you in a couple of months. :cool:

Archived