Guest tht! tne

i liked both tracks

probably the second one more

the "electronic music-iness" of the beat appealed to me

i've heard music like that in both tracks before though

anyway you have some interesting techniques

good stuff

Guest tyranthraxus

thanks. the first one is much older, and was made to demonstrate my ability to make hip-hop to an old room mate. needless to say, i can't, but i always liked the beat. The second is part of a set of about ten with the same rhythm ideas -the one i posted has the least sappy melody.

this one is part of that set, i like the beat, but the mellotron on it is a bit epic (like a unicorn)

Guest chunky

h2 is ok, the beats smiled and played funny

the organ thing, FBFB devil in music?? - the expectation thing was for the two notes to loop but it was a turn off to the ears rather than a turn on

the melody thingy funked and funnied with the beats to an enjoyable effect

lime green plain is more into the aphex twin thing with the beats, down the influence hierarchy it's below aphex twin, on second listen the tracks refreshed and the sound pleased me ears and brain a little more. i think you're not afraid of the higher frequencies, if you tried out yamaha synth filters youd notice how gorgeous they can be fucking v/hz bullshit tho :-D

Guest chunky

special maze is a special maze of aphe beats again, the noisy percussions on closer inspection attract and pull in, the bass is hidden at the back yet still pulls its weight the main melody like a sine wave thingamabob is talented yet not memorable and wandering around it's ok

like everyone else's problem including me, if you pull away from "ah, that's influenced by aphex twin" and stake your own path then you can walk that path and pick up a curry takeaway on the way home

i hereby award tyranthraxus 8/10 chunky chocolate chip cookie points

btw the chorus is subtle and pretty glorifying then i realise cock ver 10 by aphex twin :P actually lots of music art does this style influence so it's okish i think

Guest tyranthraxus

thank you for pointing that out to me. cock ver 10 is one of my favourite rdj songs. i never noticed the similarity before -mostly because i am so focused on the acid parts when i listen to it -which i never do in my own music. i always wonder -if thats cock version 10, are there 9 or more other versions of cock? if they are listenable (which i am sure they are) i think it warrants a cock ep.

Archived