IGNORED

first track i've made in a while that i actually like

Guest am_airlab

the drums should be more upfront in the mix

also i don't like all the panning going on

you chose odd mastering, why did you make some things so quite and some so loud?

that being said I feel with a little cleaining up this is actually a great song

I really like your choice in wobbly synth for that melody that comes around in the middle

I really like you're strange melodies

so basically I don't like the mixing but otherwise it is a good song

oh and change the title

Guest am_airlab

as far as the mastering goes, i made this on headphones, and i don't have my amp yet so i can't use my monitors. but thanks for the comments. do you think the panning's too much? also, how do i change the title?

as far as the mastering goes, i made this on headphones, and i don't have my amp yet so i can't use my monitors. but thanks for the comments. do you think the panning's too much? also, how do i change the title?

Ah well that's fine I don't get to hung up on mastering really I just thought it was a bit odd in choice of what was quite and what was loud.

I do think the panning is a bit much, I prefer more subtle panning but that's just me.

I don't understand the last question, I mean you should change the title of the song because there is a well known BoC fake track floating around called Lavendar Trapezoids, but maybe you were referencing that.

Guest am_airlab

facepalm

i should've known that, i've even listened to that track, but this title just seemed to fit. meh. anyhow, i'm going to try and make the mastering better when i get my amp. but how should i eq the drums? that might be a vague question, but i am really clueless when it comes to eqing breaks.

Well when I hear breaky percussion I like them to be a bit "snappier" , as in more high end and less low bassy rumbles, so maybe put some compression on them so they sound brighter or something,

as you can see I do not have the proper technical jargon. :p

Guest tht! tne

i definitely agree about the mixing but this is a good track

i would say great 'cos i love to hear music in this style

but i feel like it's been done in more interesting ways

i didn't think the silence around 2 minutes in worked

otherwise i'm glad you're making this kind of music

Archived