IGNORED

drums, and, well, bass

erichodge

this is a darker breakbeat kind of thing... i know there are a lot of things that need fixing, but i wanted to post before i go back into the studio for work this weekend to see what kind of feedback i can bring into that session.

let me know what y'all think...

cheers as always and much appreciation for those who listen.

-eric

qirg1p.mp3

Guest joshier

first impression,s love the sound designs and samples your using.. especially the shu shu.. shuu .shuu.. if you get me.

3 quarters the way in now, introducing some new sounds, they are fitting in with the mood.

Half way in, nothing is happening much, the hi hats are fast but they don't give a sense of speed very well, especially not rhythm.

further in now and the distorted drums are in, very rough sounding, not edgy at all...

carrying on.. new synth in.. nice sound but ending abruptly.

Positives for me:

Sound design, experimental structure.

Negatives for me:

no sense of direction, very bad rhythm, some samples being used that they clearly shouldn't, no catchy underlining melody.

first impression,s love the sound designs and samples your using.. especially the shu shu.. shuu .shuu.. if you get me.

3 quarters the way in now, introducing some new sounds, they are fitting in with the mood.

Half way in, nothing is happening much, the hi hats are fast but they don't give a sense of speed very well, especially not rhythm.

further in now and the distorted drums are in, very rough sounding, not edgy at all...

carrying on.. new synth in.. nice sound but ending abruptly.

Positives for me:

Sound design, experimental structure.

Negatives for me:

no sense of direction, very bad rhythm, some samples being used that they clearly shouldn't, no catchy underlining melody.

great feedback.

there is one sample i am using which has some distorted kick drums, to which i have added further distortion. i can easily hear the times when it doesn't match with the beats i have created with my drum machine. this was something i intended on working on, if the track was worth saving.

i'm still not sure it is.

so, i'm moving on at the moment, to another track, and maybe i'll come back to it at another time.

thanks much for the feedback, exactly what i was looking for.

cheers,

eric

Archived