IGNORED

pretty hot new controller

kcinsu

Guest Cyanescens

thats pretty cool. theres a mini korg with drum pads too. that thing looks sick. but i dont like to buy the 'all in one' stuff.

the axioms are indeed sweet. i got my hands on them at NAMM, and was sold pretty much right away. i was going to be picking up a kontrol 49 from korg, as i love the level of control and the feel of the keys, but these axioms feel great (semi-weighted, just a great response), and the trigger pads and transport controls don't hurt. plus, there's a 61 key version, and it's retailing for about $300 US! not a bad deal at all.

just waiting for them to come out...

cheers,

c

Guest blicero

if you want drumpads, get a "trigger finger."

i'm not impressed with any controller that doesn't have an x/y pad or, at the very least, an x/y joystick for pitch/mod.

the mod/pitch wheel is so unneccessary these days.

if you want drumpads, get a "trigger finger."

i'm not impressed with any controller that doesn't have an x/y pad or, at the very least, an x/y joystick for pitch/mod.

the mod/pitch wheel is so unneccessary these days.

i do have a trigger finger, and its great.

I wont be getting one of these, cause Im set with my stuff, but I think its a pretty good deal for people looking to get a controller. x/y pad? Why?

and the mod/pitch wheel isnt unneccessary!

Guest blicero
x/y pad? Why?

and the mod/pitch wheel isnt unneccessary!

x/y pad is the ultimate. it's allowed me to do so much more with my music. i can't wait to perform live.... i can improvise beats with it. it's a total joy. the most expressive interface i've ever played with.

and the mod/pitch wheel has been made obsolete by the x/y joystick.

remote25-b.jpg

i should work for novation doing in-store demos... i wonder if they'd hire me? nah, i'm not famous.

Guest blicero
improvise beats? I don't like twiddling drums with knobs, I like to write out everything, but thats just me.

your live shows must be enthralling.

improvise beats? I don't like twiddling drums with knobs, I like to write out everything, but thats just me.

your live shows must be enthralling.

i dont play live, and if I did, Id find some friends who could actually play stuff, instead of twirling an x/y stick, thinking im entertaining the fuck out of the audience

Guest blicero

all i'm saying is... i can press play on winamp from home, i don't need to go to a gig to watch some guy press play and bob his head.

i like electronic shows that have a genuine live element. some improvisation is required, not just tweaking fx or supatrigga.

right, I agree. It's just when you said triggering drums with the x/y, tweaking fx and supatrigga is what it seemed you were refering to.

so when I say, I write out my stuff, it doesnt mean I cant improve with it, I can trigger different breaks etc. I just dont want to move an x/y controller and have some reaktor patch go booomstishchajaaaaatickzoopomblipityshit.

but this is all hypothetical, as I dont play live right now.

Guest blicero
right, I agree. It's just when you said triggering drums with the x/y, tweaking fx and supatrigga is what it seemed you were refering to.

so when I say, I write out my stuff, it doesnt mean I cant improve with it, I can trigger different breaks etc. I just dont want to move an x/y controller and have some reaktor patch go booomstishchajaaaaatickzoopomblipityshit.

but this is all hypothetical, as I dont play live right now.

ah... yeah, i'm talking about manipulating the drum sequencer with a touch pad.

Archived