IGNORED

Meanwhile label

Guest David R James

Guest David R James

Been a fan of the label for quite a while now, it has some of the best deep, warm house and techno ive heard in recent years.

Anyone else into the stuff?

I just can't keep up.

So new to all of this, the more I learn, the more I learn I'm way behind/out of the loop.

well you are on a mac so naturally you're a bit slow

it's alright

2pzf90n.jpg

the only meanwhile release i'm really familiar with is murmur's 'undertone' and that is an excellent album; i'm also familiar with quantec, who i guess is on meanwhile, though mostly his 'unusual signals' which isn't on meanwhile. i've heard good things about bvdub too, but haven't heard any myself.

anyway, that murmur album is great, although ultimately, i think i'm more interested in the rod modell/steven hitchell (deepchord, echospace, intrusion, etc.) side of minimal dub techno. i prefer their fuzzier, hazier sound over the cleaner, sleeker sound of murmur and quantec, but it's all good stuff.

Guest David R James
the only meanwhile release i'm really familiar with is murmur's 'undertone' and that is an excellent album; i'm also familiar with quantec, who i guess is on meanwhile, though mostly his 'unusual signals' which isn't on meanwhile. i've heard good things about bvdub too, but haven't heard any myself.

anyway, that murmur album is great, although ultimately, i think i'm more interested in the rod modell/steven hitchell (deepchord, echospace, intrusion, etc.) side of minimal dub techno. i prefer their fuzzier, hazier sound over the cleaner, sleeker sound of murmur and quantec, but it's all good stuff.

Sure,i understand where ur coming from im into some of deepchord, echospace etc but its the oposite that i like on meanwhile, the quantec series of releases are the ones that im not in to that much.

The Sven Weisemann shade ep is probably my favorite release, i guess i prefer the dub house type the most, the records seem to have a round fatness about them that i love, but yeah maybe they are a missing out on abit of dust over them.

I love the bovill and remote releases as well.

yeah, they have a bunch of stuff i haven't heard (like the ep you mentioned) which i should check out eventually; i guess i don't really have much to add, but this sort of music always deserves more attention

Guest David R James
yeah, they have a bunch of stuff i haven't heard (like the ep you mentioned) which i should check out eventually; i guess i don't really have much to add, but this sort of music always deserves more attention

Yeah i guess now i should of put a few more labels in the header to winden the scope of discussion, anyone heard of the SANDWELL DISTRICT label, the function release 'Anticipation' reminds me so much of analord 9.

Archived