IGNORED

home brewing

Guest ezkerraldean

Guest ezkerraldean

i'm making mead (fermented honey) over the easter break. proper pikey bodge job, none of this mail-order home-brewing kit bullshit.

it's fun, but it fucking stinks the place out

dsc00098htd.jpg

Guest Mr Salads

me and my roommate made a stout that tastes pretty good. its like a guiness. we're doing an IPA now. our results were great for the first try.

Guest all_purpose_sandpaper

Cool! No advice on mead though. Made a brown that smelled like natural gas but was very fine in other respects. Also formulated a stout and that was okay but I was following a book. 3/4 bottles chain reacted exploded on top of the refridgerator. It was awesome.

Good luck!

Your bottles exploded? probably used too much priming sugar..

agreed. it gave me the fear. i'm giving it another shot soon.

Guest PigeonSt

I started making brew a few months ago. Been going pretty swell so far! Just did the first few steps on a Scotch Ale last night.

well it worked out as i recall to a tsp per bottle which i was informed was fine which turned out to be bullshit. reading more about it on forums approx 3/4 tsp should be optimal obviously it makes a difference.. 30 bottles and about 6 survived.

Archived