IGNORED

Freaks and Geeks

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Mirezzi
i absolutely love this show.

I can now see why people are such fans.

My girlfriend and I equally hated the pilot. We were ready to return the first and second disc to the rental store and swap it out for something else. I read all the comments on IMDB and could not find ANYBODY who disliked the show as much as I disliked the pilot. Then I saw that Joel Hodgson, Mike White and Miguel Arteta were involved later on so I forced myself to watch at least one more episode. (Chuck & Buck is quite literally one of my all-time favorite movies)

Within literally the first 30 seconds of the Beers and Weirs episode, I knew something had changed drastically about the production. The actors seemed better prepared, more comfortable with their characters, and vastly more believable. The other enormous improvement was to characterization. All the tired cliches about high school that made me hate the pilot had been toned down. I read that they tried to cram a self-contained story into the pilot, making it more or less a 90 minute film in case it didn't get picked up. They also filmed the pilot in an actual high school then built a full-scale set for the remaining episodes, which probably freed them up logistically, too.

Anyway, I think the show is fun and I look forward to seeing more.

Miguel Arteta

Mikel-Arteta_1298464c.jpg

oh, he's called mikel arteta not miguel

he seems to be happy at everton but ive been thinking for years he should play for arsenal

Guest zaphod

that's so weird, i could have sworn you posted about how much you liked this show, like, years ago on this board.

and this show is practically universally loved, wtf at all the hate

• 7 months later...
Guest placidburp

Thread killer!

Just started to watch this again, on the 3rd episode and loled like fuck already, even at the pilot. Makes me sad that it only lasted the one Season. :sad: - see

Guest placidburp

lol, that picture is horrible, but yes he is the best character in it imo. IMO IMO

then nick andopolis is second best. well i love the show anyway.

Guest bitroast

defs an enjoyable show :) i remmeber some eps being particularly good and others being particularly dull.

could've sworn they had back a bit tooooo much with lack of drug/alcohol consumption. unless like, the 80s were really that tame and everythings just gone to shit in the crazy ratty 00's :P

Archived