IGNORED

Freaks and Geeks

Guest Mirezzi

Guest ms-dos

I didn't really find it quirky. It wasn't even especially off-beat. It was fantastic character-driven comedy that didn't need jokes to be funny.

Nick Andopolis could've been the only character on the show and I would've loved it.

think i remember watching it once, some episode about a girl having a way over the top reaction to smoking some pot, was a bit rubz

Guest awkwardsilence

Nah, it was great. The lead rebellious a-student chick was super cute, and the geeks were super funny.

I identified with both of the groups. So, all in all, a great show. Great job.

Guest Mirezzi

Okay, so I watched the pilot last night and I thought it was very boring. Nobody could act, not even by a child's standard, the main girl looks WAYYY too fucking old to be in high school (duh, she was 24 when they started the series), and it was littered with some of the most tired cliches imaginable.

I like Mike White, so I'm gonna keep watching (I hope) until I've seen one of the episodes he wrote.

Guest abracadabra

One of the worst shows I have ever seen. I despise that fucking show. It's not funny, it's not clever, it's very bland, and it deserved to be cancelled.

False

I checked it out after seeing all the recommendations on here and I wasn't impressed. I tried to like it, but I fell asleep during episode 2 or 3. We need a Starved thread.

Guest Mirezzi

There is simply no comparing the pilot to the first two episodes. Yes, it's predictable and it reconfigures John Hughes for the Pepsi Generation; however, it is an entertaining show.

I'm gonna keep watching, which says a lot. The pilot was horrid. I get the feeling the producers stepped in and said, "Yeah, this pilot has potential and we can sell this, but you fuckers need to learn to direct your actors."

There is simply no comparing the pilot to the first two episodes. Yes, it's predictable and it reconfigures John Hughes for the Pepsi Generation; however, it is an entertaining show.

I'm gonna keep watching, which says a lot. The pilot was horrid. I get the feeling the producers stepped in and said, "Yeah, this pilot has potential and we can sell this, but you fuckers need to learn to direct your actors."

so i don't know if i saw the first episode or the pilot. the first one i saw the other night was the one there's the homecoming dance and the geeks beat up a bully

Guest Mirezzi

so i don't know if i saw the first episode or the pilot. the first one i saw the other night was the one there's the homecoming dance and the geeks beat up a bully

That was the pilot and it was horrendous IMO.

Archived