IGNORED

are there any books

Guest zaphod

Guest toosharp
Read "Clockers" by Richard Price, who also wrote a few episodes of The Wire.

Beat me to it. Yeah, I listened to an interview where Simon basically admitted he got the idea for the series after reading 'Clockers'.

Toosharp, have you read Price's newest book? Apparently it's about the gentrification of New York.

Yeah, i've read it. It's called Lush Life and is set on Lower East Side. Would definitely recommend; as usual, the dialogue kills!

the big difference, to me, was watching it alone vs. watching it with someone else; it makes the bad lines stand out much more, not sure why.

you probably start to get self conscious that the person might not enjoy something you've presented to them as "amazing" or "really fucking good", so you start to pick apart everything that could possibly be construed as bad and focusing on it a lot more than if you were just going with the flow. that will happen with just about anything, no matter how good it is.

meh ... slightly. i mean, i've known this to happen, but it didn't seem to be precisely the case here. actually what it was (this was my gf watching it), is that she pointed out these really cheesy moments and silly lines, and i began to see them more often

Archived