IGNORED

[LDN] PLEX - DJ Rephlex Records/Rob Hall/Dexorcist/Max Duley/Matt Chester/Handsette Showcase - 4th Sept

Guest Luke Handsfree

Guest Luke Handsfree

Wotcha!

The next Plex is coming up... and we thought it time for the talent that lurks amongst us to rinse out Corsica's rigs. We've got 4 of the best DJs in electronic music busting out sets for us, 1 full live hardware set and a Handsette Recordings showcase. Whomp!

I'm well looking forward to this one. Especially because we're going to be giving all our DJs a chance to stretch their legs (for a change!). Free Handsette CDs containing tracks and a bonus mix to the first 30 through the door too!

Czech it:

PLEX ALL STARS!

PLEX_040909_FRONT.jpgPLEX_040909_BACK.jpg

DJ Rephlex Records [Rephlex]

Rob Hall [skam]

Dexorcist [Control Tower]

Max Duley [ARCart]

Matt Chester [11th Hour] - FULL HARDWARE LIVE SET!

Handsette Recordings showcase featuring:

Posthuman LIVE

Datashat LIVE

C. Mantle

Unity Gain Temple LIVE

Luke Handsfree [Plex, Handsette, Brackout]

James Tec [Plex, BLOC, Brackout]

Strepsil [Plex]

10pm - 6am

Corsica Studios

Units 4/5

Elephant Road

SE17 1LB

£8 advance available from WeGotTickets

£10 on the door

http://www.plexlondon.com

http://www.myspace.com/plexlondon

http://www.corsicastudios.com

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Scarper

Cool. I'll be going.

Line-up not quite as sick as last year but I'm sure it'll still be banging!

Does anyone know if it's gonna be the function 1 sound system?

Guest Luke Handsfree

Cool. I'll be going.

Heh... what was the last year that you speak of? You mean the Rephlex vs Plex party?

Thought we might go on a bit of a different tip with this one... normally we cram the lineup and then nobody has time to build anything across the time of their set!

This time we've got some of the best DJs in the world (in my humble opinion) playing for 2 hours each; I reckon that's more bang for your buck. Plus the Handsette guys have got some seriously sick unreleased tracks that will be getting an airing; that you can't find anywhere else!

It's at Corsica Studios again... which has probably the best Funktion One rig in London (along with Plastic People), and it's a nice friendly vibe in there. One of the few places in London where you actually look forward to chatting to the bouncers!

Come and find me when you're down there Scarper... be good to sup a pint!

Guest Scarper

Cool. I'll be going.

Heh... what was the last year that you speak of? You mean the Rephlex vs Plex party?

Thought we might go on a bit of a different tip with this one... normally we cram the lineup and then nobody has time to build anything across the time of their set!

This time we've got some of the best DJs in the world (in my humble opinion) playing for 2 hours each; I reckon that's more bang for your buck. Plus the Handsette guys have got some seriously sick unreleased tracks that will be getting an airing; that you can't find anywhere else!

It's at Corsica Studios again... which has probably the best Funktion One rig in London (along with Plastic People), and it's a nice friendly vibe in there. One of the few places in London where you actually look forward to chatting to the bouncers!

Come and find me when you're down there Scarper... be good to sup a pint!

Wicked, will do! Looking forward to it.

Guest cet303

Just over a week to run on this, would be great to see a decent crew out supporting the plethora of local talent on show at this next Plex party, not to mention two of the biggest label bosses in the business, Mr Rephlex & Mr Skam and all for a paltry 8 nicker!

Details of our 3rd birthday party will also be revealed on the night so yet another reason to stick your head in for a few jars and catch some great musics in the process.

Funktion 1 as standard.

See you down there!

Guest behindthebeats

of all the years ive been attending plex nights never fail to impress. can't wait for this one. congrats to the promoters for bringing grant and the funktion 1 back together where they belong.

Guest Luke Handsfree

Here be the set times:

ROOM 1

10:00 - 11:00 Strepsil

11:00 - 01:00 Max Duley

01:00 - 02:00 Matt Chester LIVE

02:00 - 04:00 DJ Rephlex Records

04:00 - 06:00 Rob Hall

ROOM 2

10:00 - 11:00 James Tec

11:00 - 00:00 Unity Gain Temple

00:00 - 01:00 Datashat

01:00 - 02:00 Luke Handsfree

02:00 - 03:00 Posthuman LIVE

03:00 - 04:00 C. Mantle

04:00 - 06:00 Dexorcist

Looking forward to hearing this lot on Corsica's rigs!

bit of a late post, but had to say how much i enjoyed grant rephlex's set. it was a treat - eclectic, adventurous and filled to the brim with unreleased aphex, pusher(?) and wisp. one of those rare times i'm dancing like a madman whilst actually sober.

handsette showcase was also top notch. raspekt!

Archived