IGNORED

Forgotten Football Grounds

Chris Moss Acid

Always been fascinated by old footie grounds ever since I read about Third Lanark. Sad to see Arnold Town's on there too, I used to live near that ground for a time.

On a not-entirely unrelated note, I'd fucking to love to see this updated. I've got the two most recent editions and one on European grounds, ace books.

I miss Ninian Park so much. :cisfor:

I went to Hillsborough for the first time last month, even though we lost it's such a great place to go to, the facilities are of a modern standard but the ground itself is so rich in character and history. Going up to Bramall Lane next weekend, I bet it's nowhere near as good.

As for shitholes, the 'away end' at Blackpool is a fucking farce.

Guest abusivegeorge

LUTON YEAH!!!!!

*pow pow*

Thats the sound of the gun as I cap myself twice in the head coz the first bullet didn't quite work as I bought this gun off the copper standing outside the ground at last weeks game.

Guest abusivegeorge

I just casually looked at the season ticket prices for Luton right now. LOL.

I know, the words "fucking ridiculous" come to mind.

I still can't help but go and support the Town thats brought me up though.

This is my first season as an ST for my lot, £229 is alright for a brand new stadium but it's such a long commute. Peterborough > Kings Cross > Paddington Cardiff and the other way round, don't get home till 10! Have to leave home this Saturday for Crystal Palace at 6:30 for the cheap fares.

Worst away end I've ever been to was at Burnden Park, half of it was taken up by a Normid superstore. If it was ever chocca you'd have fuckall chance of seeing the cornerflag to your right. Mind you I went with Crewe Alex, it was never going to be packed that Saturday.

Archived