IGNORED

78records tagger

Guest kopf

We all know 78records, where some fella has devoted his time to recording thousands and thousands of ancient records and providing them online as MP3s.

The only problem is that they're not tagged.

I've written a small python script to tag them up - you can get it here. hope this is useful!

i can't figure this out!

can you give instructions?

i did cmd>

tagger.exe http://cdbpdx.com/78records/list/ ::and the directory in my computer where the mp3s are::

what am i doing wrong?

You need to have both a local copy of the html webpage and the music. So, if you downloaded the torrent, then it'll be something like this:

tagger E:\78records-siterip-20080816\cdbpdx.com\78records\index.html E:\78records-siterip-20080816\cdbpdx.com\78records\list

There's spaces displaying above between "\" and "index.html" and "list", but they shouldn't be there.

what if i just downloaded a bunch of mp3s from the site but not the whole thing?

As long as you point it to the correct html file (from which they're linked), it should be ok. It'll spew out a load of error messages for all of the files it didn't find, but the files it does find it should tag properly.

Let me know how you get on.

hmmm the checker is adding "/filename" to the directory as opposed to "\filename" which doesn't seem to work in CMD

so it's not resulting in any finds.

so i enter "tagger C:/tagger.html C:/desi"

which is where the files are.

and a bunch of errors come up with the display message like

C:\desi/zing-a-zing-a-boom.... etc etc it inverts the slash.

hmmm the checker is adding "/filename" to the directory as opposed to "\filename" which doesn't seem to work in CMD

so it's not resulting in any finds.

That's fine. Python will find a filepath such as "C:/Windows/system32".

However, as I said, it'll spew out thousands of error messages for the mp3s it doesn't find. Also, if you changed the filenames of the files you did download, then it won't find them.

hmmm well i didn't change files names and does spew tons of error messages but they still aren't tagged...

I think i'll just leave em. Thanks for trying to help though.

Archived