IGNORED

Vienna...any tips...

Guest Conor74

Guest Conor74

Heading over there during Christmas week. Told to see Schonbrunn, Belvedere and Prater Park. Was told a day trip to Semmering good too.

After that, anything weird or wacky there?

Guest Conor74

their were some pretty awesome old prostitutes there According to Garp

Sex? With old people? Overground?

This is Vienna Austria you know...

Guest dese manz hatin

Definitely go to Flex in central Vienna.

I went to a minimal techno night there in fall and it was intense. I think they have speakers integrated in the floor or something.

Prater is not as good as it osunds though IMO. To be fair I only went there when everything was already closed and I was shitfaced but it's just a big fairy really. The only difference is that it's always there.

But I loved the Schlosspark of Schönbrunn, best place to go with a hangover.

SEEGROTTE. it used to be a mine in the 20's, was briefly used to build plane parts during WWII, got flooded, so now its technically europe's largest underground lake. its only about 15 km from vienna, surrounded by houses, not touristy at all, admission's cheap (like 5-8 euro), get to walk all through the whole cavern (bought 200 feet underground) and get on a boat for a 15 minute ride... boat ride is unbelievably amazing... riding on water that's completely sterile, no bacteria, 20 feet deep at most, they have a few lights set up around, stalagtites and stalagmites, almost eerie down there... you get to see where the workers ate and slept, even the horse stables (horses born and died never seeing daylight)... well well worth it...

here's their website . . http://www.seegrotte.at/002_englisch/frameset.htm

have fun!

Archived