IGNORED

new stuff from upcoming material

Guest Max

Guest Max Marlow

in your proper high quality ears - would you consider to work this out further , or is it oviously finished for you

Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide...
no single tree.mp3

Guest grasshopper

Like the paninne (why do they call baguette pannines when just toasted like, what a shit name is panninie) pannine or whatever menant to go into the paning of the melody which I like, not like the sandwitch which I think is over rated and overstated, very playful melody.

plays my arse in forward reject rewind, evolves like a nice scratch on the skin

I likes

The beginning reminded me of Ozrics or the last level of Quakeshot. I like those pads a whole bunch which come in very early afterwards - they remind me of The Black Dog. Some elements in this I would probably change as they seemed to jar or bit a little out of place with the overall mid-90s ambient ethnic feel of this tune. Almost a bit FSOL I would say especially the Piano and that ethnicy type sound. I've heard this about 3 times now and the ghostlike pad is definitely the strongest part of this track - very deep shit! One or two other elements in the track could do with a bit of refinement for instance some of those ethnic sounding notes were a little of sync in parts and I felt a funky less disjointed breakbeat would have really taken this tune to another level. On the whole quite enjoyed this track as there were some really supa elements in it which I really felt. I'd probably give this tune 7/10. It was pretty close to being really good but one or two things were a bit rough around the edges and felt a little out of place. Overall I mostly enjoyed. :)

Guest Josefmcb
Like the paninne (why do they call baguette pannines when just toasted like, what a shit name is panninie) pannine or whatever menant to go into the paning of the melody which I like, not like the sandwitch which I think is over rated and overstated, very playful melody.

plays my arse in forward reject rewind, evolves like a nice scratch on the skin

I likes

uh.... what he said :confused:

Guest yan_g of course!

lovely sounds, the intro reminds of freeform (yummy). and the beat too, a little. i like the choice of sounds, the 'failing' rhythm breaks. like the sounds that come after that (i review as i listen). like that noise thing in the background. don't like the synth with a lot of high freqs @ 2:05. i think the end deserves a little effort :P

liked it anyway :)

*presses play*

yeah, i can see why promo chucked in an ozrics comment - certainly got a pixie-like vibe, that chromatic percussion. nice how it gets all spazzy and then swallowed.

there's alot going on, good spectrum of sounds, good build of elements, not too long.

the only thing i wasn't so into was the initial synth sound after the chromatic intro - i think it dated it a bit, although the vibe is retro anyway.

Guest Chimp Logic

Some really great things happening in here.

The stumbling/tripping/polyrhythmic elements are great.

The buzzy synth line that comes in, which doubles the intro, rubs my ears the wrong way. Everything else feels really great and warm so this came as an unwanted edge for me. Might just be a personal pref though as you may be wanting to add that extra contrast.

The pad/swells are indeed excellent sounding and fit well where you have them placed in the mix.

What? That ending was too rushed. I was really digging this. Anyway...

Some really nice things in here. I look forward to hearing anything you might do to it in the future.

Thanks for sharing!

Peace

Archived