IGNORED

Landis Armstrong

Guest hahathhat

Guest hahathhat

A couple days ago, a mate and I were out in the car on some narrow road where cars nervously edge by. Despite the reasonbly-sized and available sidewalk, there was some guy in the road, wearing biking sponsor-logo'd spandex doing the tour de france (in his mind). A question popped into my head:

"Did Armstrong get testicular cancer from hormones and/or steroids?"

And thus began another automobile shit-sesh debate. It was only half-jokingly suggested that sitting on a bike seat for hours a day might be another potential cause.

A couple days later, Floyd Landis claims Armstrong is his needle buddha.

So, WATMM... is it the bike seat, hormones, or just shit luck?

good story, but i'll have to warn you: my answer is going to be immensely boring:

it's just shit luck with some possible genetic predispositions

If cycling/sitting on bike seat for hours a day/steroids/epo would cause testicular cancer, more than half of the professional bikers would be walking lumps of cancer cells.

Ergo: shit luck.

Guest ms-dos

prolonged pressure on the perineum -- possibly from riding your bike all day, every day -- has been linked to impotence, but i don't think there's any link between riding and cancer. some urologist boldly (and probably wrongly) said there were two types of male cyclists, "those who are impotent, and those who will be impotent."

the steroids angle is more plausible. i can't stand either armstrong or landis. sink the fuckers.

Archived