IGNORED

An 11 minute acid jam as a tribute to the first us acid baron

Guest L13

Guest Promo

Okay my problem with this track is that the first phrase of notes just sound too basic. I think the bass synth (i.e acidline) is just too dry. I think as it advances the notes do improve. Sadly overall you've just plumped for a bunch of notes which aren't massively inspiring. I think it needs more layers for 11 mins that for sure. Just prominent dry bass synth noodlings throughout is a lot to cope with. I think when you randomize the notes that gives the tune a bit more 'funk' which is a positive. I think its good that you're doing something like this and there is fun sounding squelching in it but to me it sounds very much like a 'playtime' jam rather than a fully considered masterpiece.

The bass is just too large in the mix and stronger beats and more percussion are needed. Work on some stronger notes, stronger beats and pads and you'll start to see a massive difference! Hearing this I think you were too into the whole 'squelching and just having a good time thing' rather than actually distancing yourself and asking the key questions 'is this any good?' or 'am just having a damn goood time?'. I've done it myself, fucked around with an bassline riff on my shitty old pc, but I know that to actually make an interesting and phat acid track it takes a lot of time, thought and patience.

I may have been harsh but I know that in the past when I've got frank views on my own productions its only helped to improve them and improve my own interpretation of what I do (or at least I think it has lol). Peace.

promo u can neva offend me son,and i am no acid producer.i try but its an area that i have yet to spend time absorbing

the only time i ever made tracks without owning gobs of cds and lps from said genre

the little nuances and a real set of notes are missing ----no question

shit is dry/primitive/bare

sall good in da hood always welcome your sharp realistic ears dog

that was by no means a masterpeice just some quick diddlee squat dashed off fast fo fun and in reaction to that armando mp3 over in Gen banter

I admit its crap but still listenable as backround wash

Archived