IGNORED

What is your most prized Record/CD/Cassette

posture

Plaid - Undoneson EP - their first release for Warp after leaving The Black Dog.

the reason this is a prized record is that i think these are still really good tracks, 13 years later.

'Undoneson' is quality, playfull Plaid - upbeat, fresh, light. it's like waking up in the morning, drawing the curtains and letting the sunlight into a dark room.

like the cover artwork suggests, 'thawing out', and melting that huge block of ice that had collected.

quite simple tunes you might think on first listen (especially nowadays), but deceptively so.

'Headspin', in fact, is Epic! and set you right up for the full length album, 'Not for Three's', in November '97.

i love their sort of ancient European organic but electronic sound around this era. they really mastered creating a feeling aswell as imagery in their music at this point, imo.. it didn't have to be stodgy dense magickal-techno-electronica anymore. it could be light and bouncey and even have sweet melodies, but still be strong and meaningfull. so this is definitely a prized rekkid. i love it.

check it out, oscillik. hahaha :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived