IGNORED

Moog Little Phatty

Guest iep

looks swell.

100% analogue.

for £999.

it will sell, maybe not in huge numbers, but it will sell nonetheless.

personally, i'd rather have a korg radias at the same price.

Looks very cool

It might be hard to justify when you could get an analogue systems modular with all the same features, moog 24db filter, plus an extra envelope, lfo, oscillator and EMS Synthi filter for the same price

I might well pick up a Radias however... Just unsure whether the synthesis offers anything the Z1 doesn't already? Other than more parts...

hard to justify when you could get an analogue systems modular with all the same features, moog 24db filter, plus an extra envelope, lfo, oscillator and EMS Synthi filter for the same price

yeah. 999 pounds is a shitload of money for a 2 osc monosynth. ofcourse, it will probably sound fcking nice but still... you could have a nord modular g2 for that price (second hand) or a nice little analogue modular system.. i wont buy it, thats for sure.. but i guess it's nice if you want a minimoog but cant buy one or dont want to risk having it breaking down on you..

Guest blicero

i want sound samples!

Haha, only Moog would call $1,500 "affordable."

that's like Bentley releasing a $100,000 "affordable" sedan.

affordable (e-fôr´de-bel, e-for´-) adjective

Cheap enough that my girlfriend or wife won't leave me for purchasing.

- afford´abil´ity noun

- afford´ably adverb

i also want hi-res photos... moog sucks for not providing sexy close-ups and audio upon launch.

i want sound samples!

Haha, only Moog would call $1,500 "affordable."

that's like Bentley releasing a $100,000 "affordable" sedan.

affordable (e-fôr´de-bel, e-for´-) adjective

Cheap enough that my girlfriend or wife won't leave me for purchasing.

- afford´abil´ity noun

- afford´ably adverb

i also want hi-res photos... moog sucks for not providing sexy close-ups and audio upon launch.

You can hear some sounds at sonicstates.com, in the music messe video.

Guest Promo

Its very much a collectors thing. You have to be seriously anal about sound to want one of those.

Does sound pretty phat though.

theres audio demos up now... only like 5, and rather boring. I don't think they are showcasing its abilitiy for cool sounds, but more of just the general fatness, and moog warmth.

Guest Analogue Wings
theres audio demos up now... only like 5, and rather boring. I don't think they are showcasing its abilitiy for cool sounds, but more of just the general fatness, and moog warmth.

Wow. 5 totally generic "Moog" sounds that you could get out of a "Moog" plugin.

Moog are turning into the synth Fender - keep cranking out variations on the same instrument for rich but conservative buyers.

You can get the POLYPHONIC version of the DAve smith Evolver for the same price, and check out how cool that African American sounds:

Dave Smith Evolver (mono version)

Poly Evolver Multitimbral demo

Poly Evolver does Popcorn

The following specs are for one of the four voices, so multiply everything times 4:

.Four oscillators in total: two analog, two digital

Analog Oscillator waveshape are Sawtooth, Triangle, Saw-Triangle, and Pulse (with voltage-controlled analog Pulse-Width modulation)

Digital Oscillators select from 96 wavetables from the Prophet-VS (128 words x 12 bits), and 32 user-loadable (via MIDI) Wavetables (128 words x 16 bits). The Digital Oscillators get trashy as the frequency gets higher, as with the original VS.

Hard Sync on the analog oscillators

FM and Ring Mod on the digital oscillators

Separate Glide per oscillator, with two glide modes

Real voltage-controlled Curtis analog lowpass filters - not digital recreations. 4-pole/2-pole switchable, fully resonant (in 4-pole mode). There are two separate filters, one for the left channel and one for the right for a true stereo signal path.

Analog Voltage Controlled Amplifiers (VCA), again one for each channel.

Dual digital 4-pole Highpass filters (one per channel); place before or after analog electronics.

Stereo audio inputs; Noise generator

Envelope Follower and Peak Detect from External Input to use as modulation sources

External Input can be used to gate envelopes and/or step the Sequencer

Three snappy ADSR envelopes

Four LFOs (sync with sequencer and MIDI)

Dual (left and right channel) tunable feedback loops; modulate frequency and amount

Delay with 3 taps; each with separate time and amount modulation. Syncs to sequencer/MIDI. Normal feedback and additional feedback path through analog filters

Distortion! Digital, one for each channel, can be placed before or after analog electronics

16 x 4 Analog-style sequencer - syncs with MIDI

Extensive Modulation capabilities, including audio-range modulation. Bipolar (+/-) modulation.

(yep, you get 4 voices of the above)

Archived