IGNORED

Should we all just be a little more like Denmark?

Guest Rambo

Also learning a bit of Danish probably wouldn't hurt.

You're a good guy, Dropp but i think that is literally the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard and i have seen The Lightening Seeds live.

Well I might be talking about something i don't know a whole lot about.. Copenhagen is way different from where i live, of course it's more international than the small town with 2000 people where i resides. So yeah, you're right. It's not really necessary at all.

I should start thinking some more, before i decides to post stuff. :facepalm:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But again, it's getting alot better. I'm actually going to my first job interview tomorrow, since i lost my job.

Good luck.

If you're thinking about moving to Copenhagen. Keep in mid that it's very expensive (which most europaen larger cities are, i guess). You probably could survive with a part-time job. But you'll don't have much money to go around. But i'm not really sure, haven't lived in a big city like that myself, yet.

Also learning a bit of Danish probably wouldn't hurt.

The other option is some kind of grant. I've done some sporadic research and it seems that only Danish nationals are eligible for state support for things like living costs... I guess I'd have to ring the college and ask about the possibility of some sort of grant direct from them, but have you ever heard of a foreigner (within the EU) getting that kind of financial support?

Wouldn't mind learning Danish actually but I obviously I'll leave that until I decide if I definitely want to go there first.

Again.. Something i don't really know a whole lot about. Only advice i can give you is looking it up on the internet. You could might find something about it here: http://www.su.dk/English/

Wished i could be more of help on that area.

Well.. If you really want to learn danish, i'd say go for it. BUT i've heard that Danish is one of the hardest languages in the world to learn, so now you been warned.

Does this apply to Denmark?

Ricky Burdett, who founded the London School of Economics' Cities Programme, says: "These surveys always come up with a list where no one would want to live. One wants to live in places which are large and complex, where you don't know everyone and you don't always know what's going to happen next. Cities are places of opportunity but also of conflict, but where you can find safety in a crowd.

"We also have to acknowledge that these cities that come top of the polls also don't have any poor people," he adds. And that, it seems to me, touches on the big issue. Richard G Wilkinson and Kate Pickett's hugely influential book The Spirit Level: Why More Equal Societies Almost Always Do Better (2009) seems to present an obvious truth -- that places where the differential in income between the wealthiest and the poorest is smallest tend to engender a sense of satisfaction and well-being. But while it may be socially desirable, that kind of comfort doesn't necessarily make for vibrancy or dynamism. If everybody is where they want to be, no one is going anywhere.

Guest Funktion

i love denmark so much. ive friends from sjaelland trying to teach me the language the other day, its really hard they have these like gutteral vowel sounds that youre not expecting all over the place. there's also a pop band there called Michael Learns To Rock who are hilariously shit despite having the best band name ever.

in summary, 4 out of 4 stars.

Archived