IGNORED

new tune...

Guest haz.

new tune, kind of laid back with guitars, piano, real sounding drums, ambient sounds...

here

comments appreciated...

Guest thisket

I hate guitars, but this has a very good atmosphere and such. Good melody & rhythm. I liked the background noises the best. I'm not sure if the loud levels were correct...

What all sorts of things did you use/do to make it? It says "Sunday 9th," did you record it today?

• 2 weeks later...

hello haz

really liking this tune, finishing up the second listen. my only suggestion would be to shorten it. however, everything sounds great production wise. i really like the guitar chords and the piano notes here and there. piano and guitars sound so good together. drums do sound live, theyre not? the ending is excellent with the birdies.

i still rotate 'nine mile beach' among others of yours i snagged from the FoC:)

Guest Promo

Oh dear .... the words 'BOC' and 'Dayvan Cowboy' spring to mind. Actually it is nice though! Big sound. Reminds me of some big spagetti western situation. Like the end of a movie like the finaly or something like that. Kinda a bit too derivative I felt. Sounds like it could fit a Tarantino movie or something. Very impressive production, feel and stuff though. Too long in the end I felt without more happening. Impressive though. Don't know if the style and notation was totally my bag but its certainly a keeper.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Barrichello

this is one of those tunes, for me, where every bone in my body is telling me the reasons why i wouldn't normally like or enjoy this tune at all, be it sentiment, production or arrangement. but the heart screams loudest and I can't help but love it.

one of those lovely peices of music that just rings me bell at the moment. top fucking work my man.

Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide...
gump - you'd like this :fear:

yeah.....this is excellent.....I don't think this sounds like anything off of TCH.....It has a grittier(almost a punk-ish sound to the drums and guitar).....this is definitely one of the best tracks I have heard on YLC in quite some time and it is without a doubt the best thing I have heard from you haz. Everything coheres together quite perfectly in this track. Nice work my friend.

le

Guest yan_g of course!

got bored, liked the production but there is not enough cheese to help swallowing those guitar chords. not much more interesting than a moby track 4 me, sorry :sad: bsides 8 minutes with the same 4-chords-sequence all along is a bit too long btw...

Guest The Animator

Well unlike the comment above i don't actually think this sounds anything like dayvan cowboy.!! . .It's really good, reminds me of a lot of Beta band and Beck stuff. Could do with maybe one more change just to keep things going, but thats being fussy. The drums are a bit loose, but i guess that's the feel of it. Also, i keep waiting for a vocal track , good shit tho, like it a lot,. .

Archived