IGNORED

Egg loops + 2nd moment

jchgf

http://soundcloud.com/jchgf/sets/egg-loops-2nd-moment

These are two mixes I've been working on lately. One is a blurry, overdubbed arpeggio synth loop with some very wonky live beats and the other is a combination of polyrythmic machine drum patterns and slow attack bass with some vocal and piano samples.

I've really hit the point of diminishing returns in terms of working further on these mixes, so here they are with their musical mistakes and mixing imperfections. I haven't completely given up working on these tracks, so feel free to point out specific things to tackle in an eventual revision if you think it's worth it. Thanks!

Tools: Reason, Audacity, Zoom H1

Guest Hermann

Very interesting tracks, I liked them a lot actually! I really like the eeriness created by the dissonance of the second track. My suggestion for the second one might be to possibly change the volumes or put a filter on the percussion, to give it some diversity ? I really like the random short unrythmic bits too. Polyrythms are the best :)

(Very creepy voice sample towards the end of track 2)

My favourite part of it is the flowing piano samples and the chords they´re using, the harmonies give a very special atmosphere.

The first one I liked too, but I´m not completely sure what to add about it. It´s a very original sounding track and I wouldn´t want to suggest anything to change it ;) .. I´d have to listen to it more as well to give feedback, since it´s difficult to pick out anything in particular to be honest.

Keep up the good work!

Guest Promo

Interesting I prefer the second one. Lots of cool atmospheres. I think way you were shifting the beat around a lot was a bit of a headfuk but yeah very nice atmospheres.

Thank you for your comments. Yeah, the beats don't work all the way very well in actually both tunes. The first version of the second one was actually more focused on atmosphere and dissonance and the beat was regular and sparse, perhaps I should have kept that direction. One thing's for sure, I'll remove an annoying layer of tinny gabba claps in the next version.

The piano samples are all taken from the opening consecutive chords of John Newmark's Clementi piano recording of C.P.E. Bach's Variations on La folia d'Espagne. It's a great album, if you like this sort of music.

Archived