IGNORED

Schottky Diode

i'd say that these are a little too simple for my taste. not just simple but simple and long. and when i say simple i mean they're very minimal and repetive. don't get me wrong, i like some stuff like that, like selected ambient works 2. but if a track is going to be like that, the sounds that are there need to be more grabbing.

i'm not saying these are bad, but with so much electronic music out there nowadays, stuff has to really stand out for people to want to listen. i'm sure other people would like it, but i have too much music to listen to and too little time to listen to it in. your first track is 17 minutes long and almost nothing happens for several minutes.

schott down

(but in all seriousness, I thought it was good, and since it's a finished work that you've clearly put a lot of effort into, I don't think it was appropriate for him (someone with 3 posts) to trash it like it was a wank track in YLC. I respect your decision as an artist to have made all of the tracks lengthy, and it definitely has it's own appeal. for your personal creative satisfaction, there is nothing wrong with them the length they are, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a cut down version of this album just for the sake of music consumers, who generally have a short attention span when trying to discover new music.)

edit: oh, I guess it is in YLC and not EKT. you should probably change that unless you're looking for more criticism

Like i said this is a re-mastered album from 2007-2008, people who trashed it trashed it 6 years ago.

and i tried to cut it down a few times, but its just not the same. people can mess around with the .wavs or something if they feel the need. i have no problems with that

i wasn't trashing it, i was expressing what i clearly defined as my own personal opinion, when i said that it wasn't 'my taste'. i didn't say anything blanket like 'this sucks' or 'this is bad'. everything i said was a statement of how i relate to the stuff i heard, and it was honest.

I don't think it was appropriate for him (someone with 3 posts) to trash it like it was a wank track in YLC. I respect your decision as an artist to have made all of the tracks lengthy, and it definitely has it's own appeal. for your personal creative satisfaction, there is nothing wrong with them the length they are, blablabla etc etc

how does my post count have anything to do with whether or not i should give an honest appraisal? do you know why these types of forums are largely useless? it's because 95% of it is a bunch of people participating in a mutal circle-jerk. people post music, and then trade compliments on it. it's then what becomes expected, as we see here. if i gave him or you a fake compliment it would be meaningless. fake compliments given in hopes of getting them back, are meaningless. i don't want any and neither should you.

and as far as my post count is concerned, the way i see it, i'm respecting forum guidelines by posting at least 10 comments on other peoples' stuff before i think about posting anything of mine. what i didn't see in those guidlines, was a rule that my 10 comments all had to be fake compliments, ass.

i'm sure chris moss will get over my honest feelings about stuff he made years ago, and i would hope it didn't even bother him anyway. he can either consider my opinion, or not. if he chooses to cry about it though, well, i have no sympathy. my advice then would be not to post stuff. his stuff isn't horrible, i just said it didn't grab me enough to cut into my valuable free time i have to listen to music. i could go over to youtube and listen to every steinvord track in the 17minutes that barely anything happens in the first one here. true fact.

yeah misterE i didnt take anything to heart, like i said its from a long time ago i just made it better by remastering tracks. now im happy i can leave it alone.

and the first track being 17 minutes long and very drawn out was the whole purpose of the track, without getting to arty farty about the whole thing. it was back in the days i did things with the wrong music crew that i was asked to submit a track for a digital compilation, so i thought it would be a laugh/diffrent to submit a track like 'valve hall'.

and i understand this type of music isn't for everyone, its not particularly my favourite type of music to make or listen to these days. but now i made a full album in whatever style i wanted to the best of my ability.

but while it isnt for everyone, this remaster is pretty popular

maybe you can find something you'll like better which wont take long to listen to in my bandcamp website (dont worry most albums are free) - http://chrismossacid.bandcamp.com/

cheers

Archived