IGNORED

need basic help setting up Remote sl and Cubase...

Guest smellybug

Guest smellybug

Anyone have those? I have the Remote 25sl controller and Cubase sx3 running on an XPS. Just trying to get the two talking. I can't find good basic step by step instructions at the Novation site and the manual shows connection to an older version of Cubase that is somewhat different. Sort of a noob here, could use your help. Cubase sees the controller I believe, I have the Novation template set to Cubase. Grateful for any help or a checklist. Thx.

-smellybug

hook up controller to pc

install drivers and reboot pc

start cubase

goto device setup and check if the controller is being recognized and set to active

optionally, set up the generic remote routing for controlling the basic cubase-functions like the mixer and the transport controls,

use controller

Guest Barrichello

setting up the SL is a little tricky...more than any other controller Ive used thanks to its automap requirements. First port of call should be updating your firmware - you can get this at novationmusic.co.uk

you need to install the updater software which then allows you to load in a sysEx file up to the remote (which needs setup to receive also - instructions are available as a pdf on the novation site...quite helpful).

once the firmware is updated, you should then make sure you have the latest patch-up of SX3...i dont use cubase (Live 5) so you need to check this yourself.

there's an updated SL installer pack as well as new templates on the Novation site too - grab and use these rather than the included CD.

Finally, in Cubase, you need to configure the Midi in and outs - the SL requires 2-way chat so you need to configure the MIDI out correctly too - unlike any other controller...as the software feeds info to the SL in order to configure the LED values as well as tell it what plugin you have selected...so it can automap without you needing to switch to another template manually...like magic.

It should work fine after some messing around.

Best product ive come across since I first installed Ableton Live...and certainly the most innovative development in controllers since MIDI itself.

good luck..

Guest smellybug

Most helpful...thanks so much.

setting up the SL is a little tricky...more than any other controller Ive used thanks to its automap requirements. First port of call should be updating your firmware - you can get this at novationmusic.co.uk

you need to install the updater software which then allows you to load in a sysEx file up to the remote (which needs setup to receive also - instructions are available as a pdf on the novation site...quite helpful).

once the firmware is updated, you should then make sure you have the latest patch-up of SX3...i dont use cubase (Live 5) so you need to check this yourself.

there's an updated SL installer pack as well as new templates on the Novation site too - grab and use these rather than the included CD.

Finally, in Cubase, you need to configure the Midi in and outs - the SL requires 2-way chat so you need to configure the MIDI out correctly too - unlike any other controller...as the software feeds info to the SL in order to configure the LED values as well as tell it what plugin you have selected...so it can automap without you needing to switch to another template manually...like magic.

It should work fine after some messing around.

Best product ive come across since I first installed Ableton Live...and certainly the most innovative development in controllers since MIDI itself.

good luck..

Guest Cyanescens
yessir, i (ab)use cubase

(as my main sequencer, that is)

got teh albino 2?

or any other nifties?

Archived