IGNORED

new greenbank tune

Guest greenbank

woo, first post back on the new watmm and its a spammer!

new for you, oldish for me tune on myspace. it's 90% phone samples, it's sort of about the history of telephones and it's a bit multi-styled so i dunno how to describe it really. it's not quite done yet as i still have a whole bunch of bits recorded that i have yet to add and the ending is iffy but it'll do the noo.

checkit: tune

it's the one called 'alexander graham bell'.

tunes int spam, man!! tis the point...

imediately conjours up 90s warp which is never a bad thing. liked the drum pattern + crunch layers, the DnB-esque bass, and the interference sample (inspired!), and the way it breaks out into a nice spacious, peaceful end. electronic music with a capital I.

i would cut the first mobile ring sample as it struck me as really cheap and too obvious a use of the sound.

it was also weirdly close to stuff i used to write about 6 years ago when i was well into remote viewer. ( not an ego thing, just weird... )

I like it - sounds good to me. When one hears telephones or telephone samples one instantly thinks of Scanner. This evolves atmospherically very nicely. I could definitely find myself hearing this multiple times. I think the last bunch of tracks I've heard of yours nothing you've done I've disliked. Mmm like the lazer sounds in the 2nd half. Ha that irritating telephone feedback is in there - nice one. You give it a really cool kinda rhythmic loading screen Spectrum 8-bit feel. I would kinda agree with Wasps that it does kinda of tail off from its peak in the 2nd half even though it step kept me interested. I guess how it ends is maybe something to think about. B)

i'm definitely keeping the phone ring in some capacity, i perhaps should use a regular ring tho' as it would fit that section slightly better since it roughly progresses from analogue phones->digital phones->mobile phones. there was great debate in the lab whether or not to make it more of a prodigy reference as well ('pete! phone for you!' - 'fucks sake man i'm trying to write this fucking tune!'). i still have dozens of things to put in and more samples of mental phone noises from my phone line breaking a few months ago and stuff. i'm also putting in the text message beepbeep to annoy people...

Guest endangered betche

I immediately thought of that Orbital track with all the phone samples: 'Meltdown'.

But this is catchier, happier, and much more to the point.

I may have missed it, but somewhere you need to sneak in a sample of the the first words spoken on the telephone (I think it was "Watson, come here. I need you.").

Nice stuff; a good balance of melody and percussion.

i would have but i think no recording was made. it does however have 2 or 3 very quiet samples of alexander graham bells assistant speaking at a conference or something about harmonic telegraphs/telephones.

Archived