IGNORED

keyboard selections

YEK

yo,

i want to get a 49 key midi keyboard. i don't want it to have knobs or slider because i'm going to purchase a Behringer BCR2000 B-Control Rotary (copy and paste)

so a simple keyboard, 49 keys.. the main reason i want a new keyboard is because the keys on my oxygen 8 have a horrible feel to them. very spring like

i'm sure there are other brands other than the big midi keyboard companys that offer basic 4 octave keys, i just don't know them

i searched musicians friend and i found two acceptable keyboards i think:

the edirol pc-50, i like the look of this one

& the m-audio keystation 49 e, but i'm not too sure about this one because it probably will have the same springy touch as my m-audio oxygen 8

i know there are simple midi keyboards with comfortable after touch because i have used them before.. i'm picky about this because i am a piano player. it's important to me but not soo important that i want to spend big bucks on a weighted keyboard.

i hope you guys can answer my questions, and remember, i don't want knobs on it, no knobs, nice feel, 49 keys

you know the game

alright,

thanks a lot guys.

wattem's proud sponsor,

~yekker

hmmm yeah, i said i wasn't interested in weighted keys because of the cost but i found an m-audio Keystation 61es and at 200 bucks it's a bargain. 61 keys and it says that it's semi weighted , they can't lie about that so i gotta blelieve it's somewhat weighted

wasn't kcinsu or SOMEONE saying that they weren't a fan of m-audio? , i don't know why .

yeah the 61 es had good reviews on msucians friend but the 88 key model got poor reviews

what's the dealie-o?

man with no name, quality and cheap... cheap as in price, not as in the opposite of quality ?..... hahah

289026.jpg

i'm salivating over this cme full size weighted hammer action keyboard

i guess i'll be able to afford it and it certainly will be worth the investment

i'll be able to actually play piano on it and perhaps even record a stunning rendition of avril 14th for the ekt forum

<dream>

<reality>

</thread>

hmm i nicked a midiman (m-audio) 49 keys no frills keyboard from my school. the key-action is pretty decent actually. it's case is made of plastic though so you cant bash someones head in with it or use it at spare table-leg.

if i were you i'd buy a 2nd hand proper controller. something like an akai mx73 (i've got one of those myself, bought it for 100$). something made out of steel and with more than 49 keys.. so you can use splits and other advanced midishit... more than one midi output would be welcome too...

whatever you do, dont get evolution or edirol boards, thats just cheap plastic shit, you dont want that..

Im not a huge fan of m-audio. I do have some of there stuff (an oxygen 8, which I dont like... feels very toyish, just feels cheaply made... but then thats why it doesnt cost much, so you get what you pay for.I also have a trigger finger, which I love, and doesnt feel cheap at all. It seems to be made more in the evolution style of design (the company they bought, which made the UC-33)) I would consider the m-audio 88key pro or whatever its called, with the weighted keys. Ive played with that several times at work, and it feels really solid and nice. Im actually looking into a new controller right now too, and its between the m-audio 88key pro, and the 88key CME keyboard you posted a pic of. Those were in one of my labs this semester, and they feel really nice too. I kind of liked the feel of the CME better, because it was actually semi weighted (I think there is two types... weighted and semi weighted) which was easy for my non-pro piano playing hands to use. But the m-audio has many more knobs, which is always a plus, regardless.

So I dont know. Dont really have the $$$ for it right now, so I havent made a final decision... but those are my two choices.

Guest man with no name

Personally, i'd suck it up and get a remote 25 sl. It has knobs, sliders, drum pads, a touch pad, and looks very sexy

Im not a huge fan of m-audio. I do have some of there stuff (an oxygen 8, which I dont like... feels very toyish, just feels cheaply made... but then thats why it doesnt cost much, so you get what you pay for.I also have a trigger finger, which I love, and doesnt feel cheap at all. It seems to be made more in the evolution style of design (the company they bought, which made the UC-33)) I would consider the m-audio 88key pro or whatever its called, with the weighted keys. Ive played with that several times at work, and it feels really solid and nice. Im actually looking into a new controller right now too, and its between the m-audio 88key pro, and the 88key CME keyboard you posted a pic of. Those were in one of my labs this semester, and they feel really nice too. I kind of liked the feel of the CME better, because it was actually semi weighted (I think there is two types... weighted and semi weighted) which was easy for my non-pro piano playing hands to use. But the m-audio has many more knobs, which is always a plus, regardless.

So I dont know. Dont really have the $$$ for it right now, so I havent made a final decision... but those are my two choices.

yeah i've read some bad things about the m-audio 88, that company seems to make cheap gear, even the 88, though it costs more you know, there are still issues with it, keyys sticking and pieces falling off, it only really takes a few bad user reviews for me to make up my mind about stuff like that

on the other hand the cme, i'm guessing it's a newer company, there are less reviews, but from what i've read there are a lot of happy users

but yeah, yuo've used them both so you should know what you want, how were the uf8 keys when it comes to actually playing them, nice touch?

Archived