IGNORED

rite mows!

Guest iep

here's a massive, monolithic track called RITE MOWS, or MIEWORST ONDER TEENNAGEL, whichever you prefer.

its a bright green/blue track, its very damp and organic, and would probably be called psychedelic dark-ambient/drone/noise/polka by some (or more) people.

here's the intel: 22:25 minutes long and with a weight of 42mb.

manyways, here are the exact coordinates:

http://ezcid.net/ritemows.mp3

feedback would be most welcomest, even though you'll definitely have sit down and listen carefully for a while (but yeah, its worth it etc etc).

~iepknor

Guest Basi Goreng

Yeah I downloaded it twice. First time it was 4 meg, last time it was 8.

Is it still uploading or something?

k, i re-uploaded the track and it downloads fine now.

playing the track while uploading screwed up the transfer, appearently.

but it should work properly now :)

Guest Basi Goreng

There's a plenty of subtle variation in dynamics and texture, but too little to maintain full attention from start to finish.

These are great tracks to listen in a train, where all the train noises and conversations blend with the music.

organic like a space zoo in 3088, I was cleaning up my room with this in the background, if you're ever doing a remix I'd advice you to mix in the sound of books flapping / put in order for rhythem and some extra vacumecleaning sounds on top :)

I always have a problem with these kind of drawn out tracks as I find them hard to put in a context. Can picture listening to this at night rather then during the day though, preferably in a happy secure mood..

What do you feel is the most ideal setting for this kind of music? Whenever I listen to 'ambient' I prefer doing something else like reading (or getting ready for sweet dreams)

heheh, i can already do a pretty convincing impression of a vacuum cleaner using my sherman filterbank, its badass, i bet it blows (excuse the pun) your vacuum cleaner away ;)

i wouldn't listen to tracks like these while doing something else; for me its hard to pay good attention to the music while (for example) reading, makes it hard to notice details and subtle shifts, you quickly lose the overview of the arrangement.. i'd rather just position myself in front of a huge soundsystem, or somewhere with nice headphones on.. just sit/stand/lie and listen.. ever heard of the term 'CEV'..? Closed Eye Visuals..

There's a plenty of subtle variation in dynamics and texture, but too little to maintain full attention from start to finish.

These are great tracks to listen in a train, where all the train noises and conversations blend with the music.

yeah.. this was one of those tracks that i just wasn't too sure about when i finished it.. i liked some bits ALOT, but some were indeed too empty/slow/uneventful to hold the attention.. hmm, i might go back to it.. dunno, maybe not. actually its a bit crap overall, i'm gonna take it offline one of these days..

Archived