IGNORED

Movement Music Festival - Detroit / May 23-25 / 2015

olo

It would be a powerhouse, but unfortunately not come to pass I'm afraid.

The one thing I'd be curious about is all the after parties that happen after each night of the festival.

Got to keep my ear to the streets, because many artists over the years of this festival do pop-up sets unannounced. If Clark or Tom were inclined, twould be vicious.

• 1 month later...

I went Monday to see those two. Really good time. I was completely in heaven when Tom dropped Venus No. 17. Clark was also great. (Sidenote: I wish these shows could be more like a rock show, meaning the artist might lean heavily on their new stuff but will still balance it out with a lot from the back catalogue)

Went to some dnb afterparty but it was the same godawful boring jungle that makes up the sum total of the Columbus "scene." Apparently "play the current hot drum and bass tracks" is just too embarrassing for Midwest USA and I should feel bad about myself. Noted.

Archived