IGNORED

Tempo automation if different DAWs

Dpek

Alright, this is bugging me. I have a question for everyone with experience - which DAW processes tempo automation the same as Reason? I have noticed that if I automate tempo in the same locations and with same parameters in Reason and Ableton, they fall out of synchronicy for a few milisecs (probably different alghoritems). I don't talk about clear cut automations - like having 120 bpm in one bar and in the next 160 bpm, just an instant bump up for 40 bpm - but about a linear ascend of bpm in a given time (progress from 120 to 160 in 4 bars for instance). I know I could rewire Reason with Ableton but I'm actually making kind of a reverse rewiring since Reason can't be nothing else than Slave - so I do stuff in Ableton and then export individual tracks which I import in Reason. In this case I must rely on the fact that all tempo changes the same, if you change it lineary? I guess not :/

So, do all DAWs process tempo automation slightly different? If not, which one is comparable to Reason's automating?

yeah, i think it would be difficult to find two DAWs with identical tempo changes. the internal tempo resolution of the DAW would be one factor, and the resolution of the actual tempo change would be another. some daws like digital performer allow you to alter the curve of a tempo change, so you could probably tweak the tempo change to match, although it would be pretty tedious.

i think dp can do the tempo things that you are looking for via tempo automation or "chunks" MGF.

Sorry for a late answer.... Thank you both! I figured so much that it's impossible to sync these DAW bastards without a rewire :D And the golden rule of rewiring is to have both DAWs in the same bitrate, right? Cause my Reason and Ableton don't know nothing about each other like they should if I follow all tutorials (probably since Ableton is 64 bit and Reason is 32 bit), yeah?

Archived