IGNORED

Donovan Hikaru - Kiosk Vibes

Lane Visitor

Hey guys,

I just released limited CD-R pressings (and free digital downloads) of my new EP "Kiosk Vibes". For those not familar with my work under this alias or the sound, it's a subgenre of a microgenre called "mallsoft" within the vaporwave realm. But as vaporwave, and particularly mallsoft relies heavily and mostly entirely upon sampling (mallsoft often simply splashes a shitload of reverb on already released smooth jazz tracks without even pitching it down, to make it sound like it's playing in a shopping mall, and releases it as a thing), my Donovan Hikaru project is music originally composed and produced via midi, made to sound like it's sampled vaporwave, or sometimes just blatant cheezy midi jams with a corporate stock music approach.

This EP is my first pure mallsoft experiment, as previous Donovan work has been a fusion of jazzy chillout styles associated with vaporwave. I really wanted to enhance the moody vibes by throwing it in a mall environment. I'd love to hear what you guys think, and I hope you enjoy!

Thanks!

https://donovanhikaru.bandcamp.com/album/kiosk-vibes

a0077660424_10.jpg

Archived