IGNORED

Liquid Fraction AKA ThePoPKILLA AKA IDMWEIGHTSIDM

YangYing

I was very surprised to find only a couple of mentions of this person across all of watmm.. maybe I searched wrong?

Nwae.. I remember watching the videos originally uploaded on the IDMWEIGHTSIDM channel (2009/2010).. it had some very odd very interesting mixes with lots of tunes that I was unable to find at the time.

This one in particular I remember was his most popular.

I myself just got around to reuploading the couple of mixes I downloaded from back in the day.

The channel I believe has been taken down multiple times, I seem to remember the 2nd channel got rather big before being taken down. Over the multiple channels surely hundreds of mixes have been uploaded with quality underground tunes (some from the mixes above I still can't find!).

It's all quality electronic music mixes, they are still uploading here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE1SXuwqyEFvhB3kYb_xdQQ 

This is the Third new Liquid Fraction Youtube channel. I have uploaded a new mix every week since 2012

About my mixes, When I put a set together I don't just chuck any old tunes in, I have to absolutely love each track. This can mean only producing a set when I have enough tracks, and to be fair makes the set that bit better, if not forever to make.. IMO especially with ambient techno I like to mix FAST playing each track not too long as some ambient techno can be repetitive and get boring, my Techno / Minimal Techno sets are even faster...IMO subtlety is the key... First and foremost I make the mixes for myself and find tracks I want to put together in certain orders. If that means having the same artist 3 times in a row, so be it, I have to have that order... I always like to have a visual effect using ambient landscapes. Music Genres i Mix: IDM, Ambient Techno, DuB Techno, Electro, Intelligent dnb, 93-99 DnB, Hard DnB, Dark Minimal Techno, Experimental, and anything 10000 miles away from commercial pop as i can get.

I felt this one was appropriate

So I'll be checking up here and uploading new mixes now and again.. just felt a thread dedicated to this persons huge body of work across time was missing!

Edited by MIXL2
Mistakenly wrote quote as a spoiler.
  • Like 1

Turns out my timing was a little off..

For new visitors..... So over the past month i have received 2 copyright strikes, if i get one more my channel will be gone. I really don't want to start from scratch again for the 4th time, so i have decided to leave it as it is on the channel as there is around 200 sets here that im happy with However, alternatively i will be still posting trailer videos for new sets, i will leave a download and mixcloud link in the description for all new stuff. I am not going to stop making new sets they just will not be on Youtube in full.

I am in a bit of a corner on this one, there is not much i can do, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good shout on a thread decicated to his sets, been a good solid listener for years.

His Techno sets are banging, akin to classic DJ Ribbz sets. Heres his current Techno playlist.

Im after a set which he uploaded years ago (think it was his second page), Minimal Techno/Jeff Mills etc... with the War of the World radio broadcast mixed in.

I get his frustration as a DJ with the youtube copyright algorithm.

Liquid Fraction = No. 1 Youtube DJ

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Acrelid said:

Good shout on a thread decicated to his sets, been a good solid listener for years.

His Techno sets are banging, akin to classic DJ Ribbz sets. Heres his current Techno playlist.

Im after a set which he uploaded years ago (think it was his second page), Minimal Techno/Jeff Mills etc... with the War of the World radio broadcast mixed in.

excellent, I have seen him answer yt comments.. u could ask there about that set

On 11/19/2021 at 6:00 PM, Acrelid said:

just realized he has a mixcloud with mixes as old as 10 years! maybe what you're looking for is there? 

• 2 weeks later...