IGNORED

BOC synth's and gear

Guest moket

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Captain Cooper
So, I've finally got my PC fixed and here is, I hope, the definitive answer to the perenial Roygbiv bassline what/how question.

I start with the filter cutoff open to 6.5 and the saw on 7, bring in the rest of the sources, sort the VCF section out then the LFO and VCO sections and the env. This is on my MC-202 although the SH-101 is probably what BOC use.

I think the key to the sound is the PWM that you can hear come in at about 27 secs.

That sounds pure magic.

• 1 month later...
Guest february31st

I don't know if anyone here uses FL Studio, but I recently made an attempt to re-create "Roygbiv" in its entirety using Fruity Loops 3.56. Admittedly I haven't analyzed the synth sounds very much in depth, but I think it sounds pretty close to the original.

I don't know if anyone here uses FL Studio, but I recently made an attempt to re-create "Roygbiv" in its entirety using Fruity Loops 3.56. Admittedly I haven't analyzed the synth sounds very much in depth, but I think it sounds pretty close to the original.

Uhh.. I don't understand the contents of your zip file.

As for the CS80.. doubt it. Possibly a Prophet 5 in there somewhere though.

Here's a quick experiment from a couple of weeks ago using a Korg Mono/Poly..

Korg Mono/Poly - Roygbiv

Guest february31st
Uhh.. I don't understand the contents of your zip file.

The .zip file contains a FL Studio project file and some samples used by that project (all of which are useless if you do not have FL Studio installed).

Guest february31st
which most of us don't because it's rubbish.

rubbish...you mean like 99% of the ludicrous shit you people believe about BOC...got it

Guest boardsofcanadarool

rubbish...you mean like 99% of the ludicrous shit you people believe about BOC...got it

:heart:

:heart:

Don't be silly,just questionning mens...!!!!!

post-2010-1159208370_thumb.jpg

granted I believe about 99.2% of it, but anyway...

When I unzipped your.. zip.. it associated that project file for a Flash file.. hence the confusion.

Did you record a version in FL? You should put that up.

So, I've finally got my PC fixed and here is, I hope, the definitive answer to the perenial Roygbiv bassline what/how question.

I start with the filter cutoff open to 6.5 and the saw on 7, bring in the rest of the sources, sort the VCF section out then the LFO and VCO sections and the env. This is on my MC-202 although the SH-101 is probably what BOC use.

I think the key to the sound is the PWM that you can hear come in at about 27 secs.

very nice..

also, the fl remake is great.

Guest february31st
i dont have any of your plugins...

Should work - it uses only plugins included with FruityLoops 3.5.6 (3xOsc, sampler, parametric EQ, reeverb, fast dist).

Bunnyrabbit: Nice job re-creating the bass sound.

Guest SamWhite!

this was an amazing FL cover.

this was an amazing FL cover.

Fudge. No one can save it out as .wav/.mp3?

Fudge. No one can save it out as .wav/.mp3?

Installed FL Studio to listen to it.

Pretty cool! Enjoyable when all the parts kick in. That piano part was done with one piano sample? Impressive.

Archived